Sunday, November 28, 2010

Spiritual Sunday #10: Angel of Beirut

For more Spiritual Sunday posts, I recommend that you wander over to the website of Charlotte and Ginger, who host the Spiritual Sunday meme.

Because I do not blog on Sundays -- keeping it as the sabbath -- I use older posts (forgotten perhaps but hopefully still good enough) from one or another of my blogs that seem appropriate for this meme. Yes, I know I could post on Saturday instead, but typically I can pulled in too many other directions to post on Saturdays, or I have a post that has been written in advance and posts automatically on that day. In any event, it seems to work to bring out the older posts that many have not read before or ones from other blogs I maintain that readers of 100th Lamb may not know about. Two weeks ago, I shared a piece of fiction I published a few years ago, The Merging, which danced around the presence of what might be considered an angel in the life of a young girl living on the California coast. As a follow-up, it seems appropriate to share the real-life story of what might be considered an angel whom I met in Lebanon: Angel of Beirut. I hope you enjoy it. I don't know what really happened. It would be interesting to know your interpretation of the event.

Wishing you a peaceful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment