Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Morning Meditation

I will be traveling all Sunday afternoon and evening and Monday morning, so it will not be possible to post the Monday Morning Meditation this week. (I am only going as far as Washington, DC, but I ran into a real travel snafu and have the most awkward flight -- a few hours into Phoenix from San Jose, a few hours of sitting, a few hours from Phoenix to Philadelphia (What is it about this 'ph' cities?), a few more hours of sitting, a few hours into Washington Reagan National Airport and a cab ride to the office where I will be preparing with a few other people for Tuesday's presentation at the Pentagon. I had hoped to be able to write the MMM early, but I got caught up with calls from Washington, email from Afghanistan, and assistance to the organizers of an upcoming conference (three weeks from now). So, I am left with 20 minutes to pack and get out the door! Yikes!

In lieu of this week's MMM, I would like to bring to your attention a Monday morning prayer post that you might enjoy:

Fr. Austin Fleming, priest of the Archdiocese of Boston and pastor in Concord, Massachusetts, posts a prayer each Monday morning that he calls "Monday Morning Offering." I enjoy his prayers very much. I hope you also will find them inspirational. He has graciously given me permission to include a link to his blog on my Monday Morning Meditation posts. (During the week, he also posts great homilies and other thoughtful discussions. I enjoy reading those, too.)


For additional inspiration throughout the week, I would point out two sets of blogs: (1) the list of devotional blogs on my sidebar and (2) my blogroll, where I am following a number of inspirational priests and writers about spiritual matters. I learn so very much from all these people. I highly recommend them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment