Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Womb Wisdom: Is There a God?

*















A friend came across the following anecdote on a Russian atheism site today, obviously not posted by an atheist. We don't know the author; otherwise, I would be very happy to give an attribution. Perhaps if I had thought about some of these things back when I was an atheist, God would not have had to conk me on the head to get me to "see" reality. Here is the anecdote, which I have translated into English:

A conversation between twins in the womb:

- Do you think there is life after birth?
- Hardly! No one has ever returned from there.

- Do you think Mother exists?
- Forget that fairy tale! Have you ever seen Mother? Look around: everywhere there is only darkness and fluid.

- But Mother is everywhere. She is all around us. She even sometimes talks to us.
- Oh, brother, so you are hearing voices? You are becoming schizophrenic!

I will add no comment. The anecdote speaks for itself!

*image by Rosalie Rosalie

No comments:

Post a Comment