Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Evening Post #6

Elizabeth Esther runs a meme in which on the first Saturday of the month bloggers select their favorite post of the month and share it with other bloggers. The links are posted at Esther's site: here. I have not done a Saturday Evening Post in nearly half a year, only because the first Saturday of the month slips up on me, then past on me, and then, oh, my, it's gone. You would not think so when the first Saturday of the month here in San Ignatio is very special. The historic saloon opens and serves old drinks (like ale with real ginger, ginger beer, and the like), people dress up and enact the old days, tourists visit, and in the evening movies are shown outdoors on the mission grounds. It is at these times that I know I don't take full enough advantage of the wonderful place where I live but am too caught up in the travel of work. Perhaps post-retirement? Or, perhaps I will figure out how to come to my senses before then.

For my re-entry into the Saturday Evening Post world, I selected a story that actually took two posts to write because it took a few days for the ending to show up. The posts are called The Grace of a Lost Wallet. Here are the URLs:

The Grace of a Lost Wallet
The Grace of a Lost Wallet, Part II

A blessed Saturday, whatever is left of it, to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment