Saturday, September 26, 2009

Malaise and Urgent Call to Prayer

Perhaps readers have noticed that I have not posted in several days. Please do not blame me. Blame that German germ that accompanied me home from Garmisch. It is amazing how long and how far adrenaline will push off an illness, but ultimately the germ wins, at least for a while. (The German medicine did help, but when I ran out of that, the American medicine did not help; maybe germs are nationalistic.) So, I have spent 30 hours non-stop sleeping. While I rarely sleep, I do when I am ill. It's a way of turning 100% of everything over to God. Can't worry or do much while asleep! (I slept through Saturday vespers -- I am sure that God will forgive me for that since He was taking care of me at the time.)

I am not in much shape (yet) for blogging, but I do want to bring to your attention something important for those prayer warriors who read my post. Andrew (who is listed on my prayer list) has encountered an infected surgical site following his brain tumor operation, and friends are holding an on-line prayer vigil for him at noon PST on Sunday (probably today by the time you read this post). If you would like to join, please see the full information here.

And, now I tumble back into bed for a few more zzz's prior to Sunday mass, which I do expect to be in good shape for it. I am already much better. Sometimes sleep can do what chemicals cannot!

P.S. I am now truly awake -- almost a FULL day later. Thank you for your prayers for me. God seems to have taken care of me again. I imagine I must be one big headache for Him, but He never gives up on me. I would ask you to continue to pray for Andrew, whose picture I have now added above, as well as for others on the prayer list to the right. They are all experiencing frightening things that most of us never will have to face. They need God with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment