Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Morning Meditation

Oh, goodness, good morning, folks! I had an immensely busy weekend and slept right through the rising of the sun this morning, as well as the barking of the artificial dogs (the alarm ring I use because it annoys my cats, who then annoy me by jumping on me to get me to save them from the dogs they cannot see). I did get up after a significant amount of tapping on my face and pulling off of my blankets, especially by Murjun, our alpha cat. I will take some time for personal prayer, but I won't have time to share today because, although occasionally I will be late for work in order to fit in my contemplation time, I cannot do so today. We have an important guest whom I have to brief on our organization. So, I shall do what I have had to do in the past -- not a bad alternative, actually a good one -- and refer you to Fr. Austin's site. He never misses posting a Monday morning prayer.

Fr. Austin Fleming, priest of the Archdiocese of Boston and pastor in Concord, Massachusetts, posts a prayer each Monday morning that he calls "Monday Morning Offering." I enjoy his prayers very much. I think you also will find them inspirational. He has graciously given me permission to include a link to his blog on my Monday Morning Meditation posts. (During the week, he also posts great homilies and other thoughtful discussions. I enjoy reading those, too, as do readers of this blog who have taken the stroll over to his blog.)

For additional inspiration throughout the week, I would point out two sets of blogs: (1) the list of devotional blogs on my sidebar and (2) my blogroll, where I am following a number of inspirational priests and writers about spiritual matters. I learn so very much from all these people. I highly recommend them to you.

(Another, oh, goodness, I somehow replaced last Monday's MMM with today's. I have no idea how to retrieve a lost pot. Probably cannot. Golly, I hope the rest of the day goes better than its start!)

No comments:

Post a Comment